Extraordinary Season for Sayville Soccer
EXTRAORDINARY SEASON FOR SAYVILLE SOCCER
An astrological influence of the planets perhaps?
Maybe not, but there was certainly a convergence of stars on the Sayville Soccer teams this year.
All season long, both the boys and girls teams captured more and more titles resulting in the following accolades:
- The phenomenal Girls Varsity team made League VI Champions, NYS Scholar-Athlete Team, and Suffolk County Champions. If there were a Co-Champion Title, the Girls could have claimed it too. (At one time, this Co-Champion option was under consideration by the authorities if a game were lost on a penalty kick, however, the option was eventually not adopted.)
- The Boys Varsity Team changed Sayville history by becoming the Suffolk County Class “A” Champions, Long Island Champions, and for the first time, was crowned the NEW YORK STATE CLASS “A” CHAMPIONS.
- During an exclusive awards ceremony recently, the Sayville Boys Varsity Soccer team was not only honored with athletic awards for being Number One among the 700 teams in New York, they were also acknowledged for being in the top 10 percent academically among these teams with a 94.49% GPA.
- Town of Islip Supervisor Phil Nolan (see below) also awarded the team Certificates of Achievement for bringing the Title of State Champions to Sayville, and at a recent dinner held in the team’s honor, the Soccer Booster Club presented team jackets to each player.
- Legislator Bill Lindsay also awarded the team a citation.
“This year happened to be an extremely proud, exciting, and momentous one in the history of Sayville Soccer,” said Debbie Paciorek, president of the Sayville Soccer Booster Club who admitted that the Booster club struggled harder this season to fund all the achievements of both teams with official signage at each success. Some support came from the local community, Mrs. Paciorek stated. “The Sayville Chamber of Commerce donated space on each of their three Welcome to Sayville signs with Home to the 2010 NYS Boys Soccer Champion. Working with the Chamber, the Booster Club purchased three additional signs which the Chamber will hang indefinitely for no charge at all.”
The Sayville community will be able to view these signs on Broadway and Montauk, Lakeland and Sunrise, and Main Street, as well as signs on the official fields, and at least mentally note that congratulations are due to both our Sayville Varsity Soccer Teams for showing exceptional talent, stamina, and cooperation this extraordinary season.
For more information about the Soccer Booster Club, contact the Booster Club President at 563-9320.