Girls Varsity Teams Have A New Sign of Devotion
A Sign of Devotion
Getting the electronic scoreboard installed on the playing field at Greeley Avenue had been a long-awaited goal of the Girls Varsity Soccer and Lacrosse teams. Through the concerted efforts of the teams’ coaches and players, along with the generous donations of local organizations and individuals, the scoreboard has been raised on the southeast corner of the field. While the teams, contributors, and fans see it as a symbol of their passion and devotion to their sports, a very special recognition was inscribed on the sign: “in memory of John Schroeder,” the Soccer team’s beloved coach who passed away suddenly last year.
Varsity Soccer Coach Joe Nasta, Assistant Varsity Coach Beth Bolger, Varsity Lacrosse Coach Gary Jensen, and Assistant Varsity Coach Adam Sznitken appreciated the support provided by the following organizations and individuals whose generous donations of time, money, and talent brought this dream to reality:
- Sayville Soccer Booster Club
- Sayville Girls Lacrosse Booster Club
- Justin Lite, Esq.
- Brian McMahon and Island Sprinklers
- Lois Cloud Malenczak and Long Island Sports and Rehabilitation Center
- Bill Santangelo supplied the time and labor to install the scoreboard and get it running.