Nine Sayville Athletes Sign for Division I and Division II Play
January 31, 2020
Nine Sayville High School student-athletes have decided to pursue athletic competition at the college level next year as Division I and Division II athletes. The students have demonstrated character, commitment and excellence on and off their fields of competition. Sayville School District, coaches and student body take pride in these students for their individual as well as team achievements throughout their distinguished high school careers.
Congratulations to the following Sayville Division I and Division II Athletes who are signing for the following sports and schools:
- Tara Donohue - Field Hockey, Bentley University: II; Coach Tish Werner
- Elizabeth Argenziano - Soccer, Pace University: II; Coach John Burke
- Joe LoPresti - Wrestling, CW Post: I; Coach Gary Pesko
- Cole Doller - Boys Lax, Drexel University: I; Coach Christian Doller
- John O’Rourke - Boys Lax, Hofstra University: I; Coach Christian Doller
- Curtis Russo - Boys Lax, Brown University: I; Coach Christian Doller
- Carly McNeill - Girls Lax, Lynn University: I; Coach Adam Sznitken
- Brock Murtha - Baseball, Notre Dame: I; Coach Joe Esposito
- Connor Smalley - Baseball, Franklin Pierce: II; Coach Joe Esposito
Connor Smalley will be attending Franklin Pierce University to play Division II Baseball next year. As a member of the Commack-based Team Beast’s Perfect Game 2019 summer program, he participated in baseball tournaments from New Hampshire to Georgia and compiled a 305 batting average that included 18 extra base hits. Connor has a very strong throwing arm and will be competing for the starting job at first, second, and third base for this upcoming season with Sayville Varsity Baseball which won the Suffolk and Long Island Championships in Spring of 2019.