Sayville Varsity Cheerleaders
Sayville Varsity Cheerleaders Recognized by Newsday
Recognized by Newsday
Over the February break, our varsity team was recognized as one of the "Top 10 Cheerleading Teams in Suffolk County" and received an honorable mention in Newsday (see link below).
A few days after the article appeared in Newsday, Sayville Varsity Cheerleading took FIRST PLACE at a virtual competition, comprised of both D1 and D2 schools!
Sayville Varsity Cheerleading Accomplishments
For the Record (from Varsity Cheerleading Coaches Kaytie Ferremi & Stephanie Flynn):
During the past two years our Varsity Cheerleading athletes have accomplished many goals, have made history for our program, and have encouraged our future teams to strive for success.
For the record:
* In 2019, Sayville placed 16th in the nation at UCA Nationals, the second time in history that our program made it to the finals.
* Sayville also placed second at the Small Varsity Division 2 Counties Championship, earning a spot at the New York State Cheerleading Championship.
* Sayville placed 7th in New York State and earned a sportsmanship award.
* In addition, Sayville was recognized as a Scholar Athlete Team by the NYSPHSAA for the athlete’s academic excellence.
* At the end of the season our Board of Education recognized our team in a special awards ceremony for the district’s top athletes.
* This past season, Sayville continued its success by placing in the top 5 at the Empire Regional, 2nd at Counties, and in the top 20 at Nationals.
* Over these past two seasons, we have had:
~ two Academic All-County awards,
~ seven All-County winners, and
~ two All-Division winners.
* In addition, two of our athletes (William Pelletier and Taylor Banks) were recognized for a MVP award and a Leadership award through our High School in 2020 for their exemplary hard work and dedication to the program.