10 Closing Remarks and God Bless America
Praise for the Class of 2016 Outstanding in All Endeavors
After a moment of silence for Mark Ambrosini and Ms. Joanne Killeen, High School Principal Ron Hoffer reflected on the Class of 2016 accomplishments by listing the following statistics and achievements (see below):
• The graduates met and/or exceeded the academic standards: 94% of the students in the Class of 2016 will go on to further education; 97% will have earned a Regents Diploma this year.
• Corinne Caminske, Sean Caraher, Mark Martucci and Brian Williams were recognized for their anticipated U.S. military service.
• Our Visual Arts seniors had a tremendous year: Cory Levy and Paige Liskiewicz participated and won in competitions and/or scholarships.
• In our Music Program, three NYSSMA All-State musicians— Alex Jones, Joseph Panzarino, and Savannah Votino, along with three All-National musicians— Jillian Brudi, Nicholas Burkel, and Sean McNally (videographer) were recognized locally, throughout the county, state, and nation. Congratulations to all of our award-winning performing groups and musicians.
• In our Theatre Arts Program, the Class of 2016 played an instrumental role over the last four years. Eight seniors have been inducted into the Sayville Players Honour Troupe and ten seniors have won national drama awards.
• In the arena of Interscholastic Athletics, 21 of 29 varsity teams were Scholar-Athlete Teams. We had a tremendous year in that we have won individual and/or team championships as evidenced by:
• Seven League/Division Championships: Girls Swimming/ Diving, Boys Swimming/Diving, Football, Boys Golf, Girls Golf, Baseball, and Softball
• Three Suffolk County Champions: Football, Girls Swimming/Diving, and Girls Golf
• One Long Island Champion: Football
We have twenty Division 1, 2, or 3 student- athletes from the Class of 2016 who have earned athletic commitments from a college or university.
• High School Service Organizations have, once again, served our community by giving back to our community and other local, national, and worldwide communities. Congratulations to all of our service organizations for your commitment in addressing the needs of others throughout our local and global communities!
(Principal Hoffer: "I would like to seize this opportunity to wish three members of our high school staff and faculty well as they enter retirement. They are: Andy Giammalvo, Vivianne Petratos and Barbara Nintzel. Thank you for your combined 60 years of service."
Click here for video of Closing Remarks and God Bless America