"The Foundation for Success"
The Sayville Board of Education is composed of seven volunteer members, elected by our community residents, who each serve three-year terms without compensation. As your representatives, members focus on:
* Establishing school-district goals,
* Providing for program-development activities,
* Overseeing the financial affairs of the district,
* Adopting operating policies,
* Assuring systematic review and evaluation of all phases of the school program,
* Aligning district resources to improve achievement,
* Create a healthy environment for work and learning, and
* Advocating on behalf of students and schools.
The Sayville Board of Education Workshop and Business Meetings are usually held on the first two Thursdays of each month--6:30 p.m. for the Workshop Meeting and 7:30 p.m. for Business Meeting---at the Administrative Offices, 99 Greeley Avenue, Sayville, New York, unless otherwise noted in the Suffolk County News or on this website.
Residents of Sayville School District are encouraged to attend meetings and are given an opportunity during public session to address the Board of Education.